Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to change the cable from alternator to junction box?

i took my car into the shop and they said the cable from the alternator to the junction box needs replaced 400 bucks for them to do it 80 something for me to do it i am wondering have any of you done this or know anything about this? or any tips please should i be able to do it my self? the reason it needs to be replaced is the guy said there is a fuse in the wire thats damaged i asked if it was the fusible link he said no? the car is a 2003 ford focus 2.3L SE thank youHow to change the cable from alternator to junction box?
I don't know if the shop you took it to was a dealership (it does not sound like it was) but I would carry the car to a dealer and get his opinion. I have worked on many cars I have never had a need to replace the cable between the alternator and junction block and I don't know how this cable is installed in your car but I can't see it costing him $400.00 to fix or $80.00 if you do it. If he is just replacing the one wire it should not cost that much and if he is planning on replacing a complete harness it would probably be even more. I would take it to the dealership if I could not fix it myself.How to change the cable from alternator to junction box?
just connect them