Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Should I file a law suite against BMW dealer?

I'm having a major problem with my 525 BMW 2003, the battery died over a year ago, I had no idea it was the battery because I was having other problems, my mechanic and I thought it was the transmission, car had to be towed to dealer to be diagnosed, come to find out it was the battery, dealer never said that was the only problem and ended up just installing a new one $379.00 later I take the car, a year later same problem, battery dies, turns out car has a draw, drainnig battery, took to another dealer Crevier in Orange County CA, said can't replace battery unless they fix that problem causing draw, another $389 dls later, a monthe goes by and again my car dies because now it needs a new alternator, wasnt told by dealer. A reputable mechanic finds that dealer (no one else had touched the car) left fan off (unscrewed) from radiator, radiator leaks all over, now since 3 weeks ago, did the dealer leave this undone by accident? I saw the fan sitting there, with my own eyes, as the mechanic was going to change alternator, please help!

Don't know how to approach dealer on this........... Should I file a law suite against BMW dealer?
The first battery replacement seems okay. The draw could have come at any time and the fact that the battery lasted a year tells me it was not the original problem and probably happensd after the replacement. The fact that they fixed the draw before replacing the 2nd battery is good. The draw could also link to the failure of the alternator, so that is probably apart of the same problem. The fan being left off is a problem. I'm not sure how that causes a leak though. You will need to talk to the dealer who left the fan off to at least give them the opportunity to remedy the error. Did they take off the fan to replace the alternator. If it was their error, they will probably take care of it for you! Should I file a law suite against BMW dealer?
Some people here just assume and assume pass judgement, but don't have a clue, ohhh did I say manners?

Report Abuse

Should I file a law suite against BMW dealer?
hola Kari por que no salio mi respuesta??? que estes bien amiga regresa pronto a pasar lista

Report Abuse

Should I file a law suite against BMW dealer?
You're right, some don't have a clue. Mainly you. A radiator fan isn't even used during normal operation of your vehicle unless you're ALREADY overheating. You had a problem before the fan was removed. Get a clue about cars.



As far as passing judgment, looks like I was correct. What's the issue?

Report Abuse

Should I file a law suite against BMW dealer?
talk to a lawyerShould I file a law suite against BMW dealer?
Do you actually care about your car?



Because it really doesn't seem like you do.



You have all these problems with your car, but fail to inspect the car, after each repair.



You have multiple battery problems, but you don't have them go through the whole car, to find the problem.



And it doesn't seem like you're getting a warranty, because you keep paying for more repairs. If you had a warranty, they'd be free fixes.



I may be wrong, but these are the facts that I'm getting from your description of the the situation.



Plus, keep in mind something about mechanics. If you say your car is dead, and we check your battery, and the battery is dead, that's what we're going to say is the problem. We're not going to go through the whole car, because of one fault. Now, if more symptoms appear, we know to look for more causes. But until that happens, we treat what we see.



Also, taking an entire year for your battery to go dead again? Come on. If you had a serious problem, it'd be dead at the end of the week. Most batteries have replacement warrantys for two years, because that's all they're expected to last anyway. So, maybe you do have a small drain somewhere. But it's so insignificant, that it's barely worth complaining about.



Sounds like you just need to take your car in, have the whole thing gone through, if you really are freaking out about it, spend about $2000, and get it properly serviced.Should I file a law suite against BMW dealer?
the process of going through a lawsuit for such a small claim is not worth it.



I think you should have switch to a different mechanic back then. Should I file a law suite against BMW dealer?
Well cars to old and I don't see a judgment in your favor or any real money coming to you. This is becasue your story did not make much sence. The part about the fan being left off and the radiator leaking does not jive. I think your not telling the story right or not the whole story.

Just count your lucky starts you made it this long with a BMW of that year a lot of them have much more serious problems running around.