Thursday, September 22, 2011

Is there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?

My passenger side window won't roll up. it's electric. its raining i dont think it has fallen off track . i really dont want to take it to a mechanic because i know they will charge me hourly to find the wiring throughout the car. i am a girl but i know a little bit about cars. i can change brake pads and a tire and i know how to change an alternator, i can sometimes tell whats wrong with a car by the sounds it makes (i have had so many) what should i do?Is there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
If you can't help, just say you want the 2pts. and move on - but don't give lame advice. (You know who you are...)



Give me a minute and I'll see what I can do to help you - K? I'll be right back...



OK, this is the only website I have so far:

http://www.misterfixit.com

it's not the best; you have to scroll thru a bunch of babble... but it might help for now, and it's free. :)



back again... i just went to http://www.google.com and typed in - I need to fix my cars electical windows - many things came up that might help you to fix your windows.



Another suggestion: the transportation dept. in your city... school bus mechanics, tour bus mechanics, taxi mechanics... some of these guys run fix-it-shops out of their homes and charge MUCH CHEAPER RATES than others.

High schools and colleges need cars to fix (for training their students) and are willing to do the work for free or next to nothing.

On LAFB there is a shop where the military guys go to play around, (their hobby) w/ cars, and they are always quick to offer their help/knowledge/insight. Great guys. There are also %26quot;car shows%26quot; here every weekend in the Library parking lot. Those guys LOVE working on cars/showing them off/helping you figure out what yours needs...



I hope something here has helped you.



God bless you Sweetheart. And good for you that you do your best to take care of yourself, and NOT let others take advantage of you! :)Is there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
take it to the dealer or a repair shopIs there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
Just do it yourself

you are such a mechanicIs there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
The motor went out...$150 for labor and $50 for the motor..



Good Luck with all that...Is there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
You can take it to a company that installs car windows. It doesn't have to be a mechanic unless it is an electrical problem. You don't really have much of a choice.Is there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
Unless you know someone that would do you a favor like that the only option is to go to a mechanic. Yeah its expensive but you're not the only one with a car problem.Is there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
Get one of those Chilton library books that show the repair drawings for your car. Check out the window mechanisms. If you can't hear the motor maybe a fuse has blown. If you hear noise and bumping the operator or gears might need replacement. If you hear the motor but no motion it might be the connection from the operator to the window. Are you sure it is still on the track - can you slide it up and down by hand? Good luck.Is there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
I had a problem with my car regarding my driver side window not rolling up awhile back. I have power windows and I believe the motor is about to go. I went to my dealership and they gave me a little tip that you can try. If you have power windows, turn your car on, and while holding the window button (in the window going up position), use your fist and strike the door in a sort of upperward position kind of below where the handle to the door is (on the inside of the door). Keep holding the button and keep doing it until it rolls up. It worked for me several times and haven't had a problem with my windows again so far. Though it may not be a permanent solution, it might at least get your windows up in case it rains or so no one breaks into your car.Is there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
You can try you Technical school they usaully have opening that they use your car for the student to work on and I think you get the parts for wholsale or something like that. You need to check with them. If you really want to get handy maybe you might think about taking class or two there as well.Is there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
Some community colleges have a auto class and it is sometime free or cheap to have them work on it for you. The first thing you should do is check the fusees and make sure they are not blown. the next thing is with the switch on and the door open try movng the wires that go into the door. A lot of the time a wire willl short where it goes in the door.Is there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
You did not specify what kind of location you live in. Around military bases especially there are cooperative groups. I forget their names. But it is part of the MWR, morale, welfare, and recreation. They have cooperative garages with bays with lifts, expensive items, lifts, pullers, etc. down to good tool sets. You can rent the tools. Along with the tools comes a knowledgeable person who can advise but not do the work. I have never seem them on the civilian side but I do not live near a large city. Your next bet would be a training site for mechanics. That would be a junior college trade school or high school shop class. They would have rules in the way though.



Now if you would actually join the National Guard or other branch of services, you could probably access the military base MWR garage.Is there a place i can go to get a hand with fixing my car.?
The best investment I ever made is buying a Haynes manual for your specific car. These manuals can be purchases at your local parts store. They average between $10 -$25.

Buy a cheap voltmeter and a general tool kit. You will be surprised at what you can accomplish and the money you save while doing your own repairs.

Buy about 10ft of wire. If the switch is bad you can hook one end of the wire to the +of the battery and the other end of the wire to window switch to get the window up for now. Most electrical failures occur because of dirt. Buy some electrical contact cleaner and spray it in the switch. It might help.