Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Im having electrical problems w/my ford taurus 2000 3.0L EF While driving all power down w/hot battery?

I changed alternator, car fired right up and all accessories came on inside car ,'But as soon as I hit switch/powerwindows car shut down no power inside or out, battery hot w/full charge . Im thinking shortage, But where? Not sure where to start search and howIm having electrical problems w/my ford taurus 2000 3.0L EF While driving all power down w/hot battery?
Check the battery cable between the alternator and the battery, plus both the ground wire from the battery to ground AND the ground wire from the engine block to the frame.Im having electrical problems w/my ford taurus 2000 3.0L EF While driving all power down w/hot battery?
It will be worth your while to tighten and inspect all the battery related wires at the starter and underhood electrical box and engine grounds.Im having electrical problems w/my ford taurus 2000 3.0L EF While driving all power down w/hot battery?
how old is batt???3 years and your only charging the water and no reserve///replace batt